Servus, nice to meet you!
My name is Chris (aka. tuesd4y) and I’m the CTO and Co-Founder of triply. In my free time - which i have far too little of - I read books, take photos , do sports and sit in front of a computer far too much. I sometimes write about code at tuesd4y.com.
I love travelling (especially when there’s no world-wide pandemic happening), learning languages (currently Chinese / 汉语) and cooking (also Chinese). Monthly challenges like #30dayMapChallenge and #AdventOfCode are awesome too!
If you want to get in contact with me, just DM me on twitter!
Technologies I Use
I started getting very much into coding writing Java Backend and Android Applications, and have been hyping up kotlin ever since 2015 :)
- I write Android Apps (first in Java, now of course in kotlin)
- I do some frontend stuff with Angular and created my multiple sites using Jamstack
- I create backend code with spring boot and kotlin
- I define, create, implement and interface with APIs and databases (e.g. Postgres)
- I spend far too much time defining APIs in OAS, thinking about software architecture and wrestling JIRA
- I’ve been learning more and more about qGIS, spatial analysis and data science in python
- I love writing in markdown (Typora is the best piece of software ever invented)
- Sometimes I even write tests, and sometimes they even run
What I Do at triply
- At triply we help municipalities and regions understand and improve how their citizens move around
- We started triply for organizing better trips to events and festivals, but now also want to help improve rural mobility
- I built the first version of our Android app (in kotlin) and backend service (spring boot + Postgres)
- In the last three years, we’ve become an internatial team of more than 10 awesome persons
- Nowadays, I spend a lot of time planning and coordinating technical development, but am always happy when I can do some coding :)
What I Write About
- On tuesd4y.com I write about tech stuff, be it frontend, backend, GIS stuff or whatever else I’m currently working on
- On krissi-cooks.now.sh I collect the recipes I love the most.
- I also (far too seldomly) take photos of what I cook at instagram
- I tweet about GIS, tech and learning languages
What Happened Previously
- I’m currently studying Computer Science at Linz University (and a little bit of Sinology at Vienna University)
- I previously was on Runtastic’s Android team working on the Daily Habits application (RIP)
- I first learned coding for C#, Java and Android at HTL Leonding
- I was a professional climber until 2015 and participated in two youth world championships in Imst and Singapore